Give us a call! All consultations are free and we are more than happy to discuss any and all questions that you may have. You will speak to an attorney directly and immediately.

You may be covered by your car insurance policy. There may also be additional insurance coverage available to you. It is important for you to speak to an attorney to see what rights you have.

Every single case we take at Gilbert & Stern LLP is done on a contingency fee basis. That means that you do not pay anything unless there is a recovery in your case.

Probably not. The vast majority of all cases ever filed in the State of California are settled without the need for trial. At Gilbert & Stern LLP however, we approach every case as if it is going to trial. This ensures that if trial becomes necessary, we are prepared to provide adequate representation and fight for your rights in court. This thorough preparation also enables us to better negotiate an adequate settlement for our clients prior to trial.

If you are partly at fault for an injury, you may still be entitled to a recovery based upon the portion of the amount of fault attributable to you. As an example, if you are 10% at fault and the other driver is 90% at fault, you can recover 90% of your total damages (pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, etc.). This is called contributory negligence.

If you are not at fault for the accident, your insurance premiums will not go up. However, every case is different. Call an attorney to make sure.

It depends. How bad is the car damage? Where on the car is the damage? Do you feel safe driving the car? Every set of circumstances requires a different answer. Call us to discuss your specific case.

Navigating a personal injury claim can be incredibly frustrating and time-consuming. Even worse, insurance companies often try to take advantage of individuals by offering a small amount of money to resolve the claim and move on as quickly as possible. Getting an attorney involved early will ensure that your rights are properly advocated. We at Gilbert & Stern LLP handle every element of the case from start to finish and leave our clients to focus on getting the medical treatment they need to get better.

A hit & run accident can be scary and overwhelming. Even if the at-fault driver fled the scene, there still may be a recovery available to you. Depending on your insurance policy, you may be covered.

We often find that our clients are not well-informed about their insurance policies. The amount of coverage you have is incredibly important to protect yourself and your family. We are happy to provide a free consultation on your policy.

Uber and Lyft have become a part of daily life in recent years. With new developments come new legislation. Whether you were a driver or passenger of a Uber/Lyft vehicle, you may have rights depending on the circumstances of the case.

In California, you are legally required to carry automobile insurance. Unfortunately, not everyone follows that law. In order to protect yourself it is important that you have uninsured motorist coverage. This applies in an accident where the person at fault for the accident does not have liability insurance.

Underinsured motorist coverage applies when the at-fault party has a small policy and you need additional coverage. However, it will only cover you if your underinsured motorist policy limits are larger than the at-fault party’s policy limits.

Make sure that your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage matches the amount you have for liability coverage. Call us to get advice on your insurance policy.

  • Pull over to a safe location if possible
  • Call the police
  • Take pictures of the scene/your vehicle/other vehicles involved/your injuries
  • Take pictures of the other driver’s insurance information and driver’s license
  • Get contact information from any witnesses
  • Take notes of how the accident happened, where it happened and any other information you think may be relevant
  • See a medical specialist as soon as possible
  • Get the dog owner’s insurance information (homeowner’s insurance or rental insurance) including the policy number, policy holder’s name, home address, phone number and a medical history of the dog’s vaccine history
  • Take photographs of your injuries/the dog/the scene
  • Get contact information from any witnesses
  • See a medical provider as soon as possible
  • Ask to speak to a manager and file an incident report. Insist that you get a copy of the incident report before you leave
  • Get the store’s insurance information
  • Take pictures of where the fall happened
  • Take pictures of your injuries
  • Get contact information from any witnesses
  • See a medical provider as soon as possible